Sundays Stockton Baptist Church During Church Services
Children are an important part of our church family. We want our kids to learn the word of God, so they become strong in their faith, but we also want them to enjoy being at church. Our children’s church sessions are organized and led by our enthusiastic, trained staff. All are DBS checked for working with children and have first aid and safeguarding training.
Each group is designed to be age appropriate and a lot of fun. Groups meet on Sundays throughout the year, although in the summer holidays, we usually run a joint children’s group. An audio feed is also provided, so that parents can stay with their children if they need to and still listen to the service.
We run the following children’s groups on Sundays:
Kids on Sundays
Our children normally stay in the morning service with their parents for the first twenty minutes or so, for a family worship time together. Whoever is leading the service will let you know when Kids Church and Youth Church groups are ready to start. If you are not sure where to go, it’s easy to follow the crowd and our children’s leaders will make sure that you get to the right place. Once you’ve dropped your children off, parents can come back into the main meeting and enjoy the rest of the service. Don’t worry, if your child is unhappy or distressed at any time, we will come and find you.
We take safeguarding seriously!
Here are just a few of the things we do to keep our young people safe:
- All of our Team members have regular DBS checks carried out.
- We have a safeguarding procedure that is strictly adhered to and team members have annual update training on safeguarding matters.
- Recommended ratios are in place according to age of child.
- Risk assessments of all activities and spaces are carried out.
- Helen Burns is our appointed person in relation to any safeguarding matters. If you are concerned about anything regarding the safety of your children, please speak to her.
All enquiries regarding children’s groups should be directed to out Children’s Pastor, Lydia Gurney.